John All, JD, PhD is a global explorer and geoscientist, specializing in climate change research in remote locations and is the Founding Director of the Mountain Environments Research Institute. A lifetime fellow of the Explorers Club in New York City and Fulbright Senior... more
MOUNTAIN ENVIRONMENTS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Mountain Environments Research Institute (MERI) is a new initiative at Western Washington University. The purpose of MERI is to engage in mountain research as educators and learners, researchers and stewards. The work we do occurs both locally in the Northwest as well as internationally in places like Nepal, Peru, and Costa Rica. The institute is creating a certificate in mountain research skills that is intended to train the next generation of mountain researchers.
- How do you solve a problem like Everest? Crowds of amateur climbers, mountains of waste, climate change, and poor regulation make every Everest season a challenge
- UComm, NSSFO staffers bring home four awards from CASE conference
- WWU, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina to Collaborate on New Student Exchange and Research Project
- This Man Broke 15 Bones When He Fell into a Glacier—Here’s How He Survived
- WWU’s Mountain Environments Research Institute to Host Mount Everest Symposium March 1