Andy Bach, PhD is an associate professor of environmental geography in Huxley College of the Environment, at Western Washington University, where he teaches physical geography, soils, climatology and water resources. His major research areas include geomorphology and soils,... more
MOUNTAIN ENVIRONMENTS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Mountain Environments Research Institute (MERI) is a new initiative at Western Washington University. The purpose of MERI is to engage in mountain research as educators and learners, researchers and stewards. The work we do occurs both locally in the Northwest as well as internationally in places like Nepal, Peru, and Costa Rica. The institute is creating a certificate in mountain research skills that is intended to train the next generation of mountain researchers.
- Western's Mountain Environments Research Institute to host Chris Stevens Feb. 1
- Reception for visiting Peruvian students this Friday
- Everest litter worries Khumbu folks
- How do you solve a problem like Everest? Crowds of amateur climbers, mountains of waste, climate change, and poor regulation make every Everest season a challenge
- UComm, NSSFO staffers bring home four awards from CASE conference