Manca Valum, For information regarding how to support MERI activities and programs, please contact Manca Valum, Senior Director of Advancement for Strategic Initiatives
MOUNTAIN ENVIRONMENTS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Mountain Environments Research Institute (MERI) is a new initiative at Western Washington University. The purpose of MERI is to engage in mountain research as educators and learners, researchers and stewards. The work we do occurs both locally in the Northwest as well as internationally in places like Nepal, Peru, and Costa Rica. The institute is creating a certificate in mountain research skills that is intended to train the next generation of mountain researchers.
- UComm, NSSFO staffers bring home four awards from CASE conference
- WWU, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina to Collaborate on New Student Exchange and Research Project
- This Man Broke 15 Bones When He Fell into a Glacier—Here’s How He Survived
- WWU’s Mountain Environments Research Institute to Host Mount Everest Symposium March 1
- John All speaks at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory about climate change on Mount Everest