Elizabeth Balgord is a geology professor at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, specializing in sedimentology and tectonics. She earned her PhD at the University of Arizona, where she spent much her time working in the high Andes of central... more
MOUNTAIN ENVIRONMENTS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Mountain Environments Research Institute (MERI) is a new initiative at Western Washington University. The purpose of MERI is to engage in mountain research as educators and learners, researchers and stewards. The work we do occurs both locally in the Northwest as well as internationally in places like Nepal, Peru, and Costa Rica. The institute is creating a certificate in mountain research skills that is intended to train the next generation of mountain researchers.
- Everest litter worries Khumbu folks
- How do you solve a problem like Everest? Crowds of amateur climbers, mountains of waste, climate change, and poor regulation make every Everest season a challenge
- UComm, NSSFO staffers bring home four awards from CASE conference
- WWU, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina to Collaborate on New Student Exchange and Research Project
- This Man Broke 15 Bones When He Fell into a Glacier—Here’s How He Survived